Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Cartridge Review - Thanksgiving Seasonal Cartridge - Winter 2010

  

CRICUT THANKSGIVING CARTRIDGE REVIEW

Hiya EVERYONE, this is ♥Carol♥ ... WELCOME to my Little Creation Corner!  Today, I’d like to share my review of  the many creative opportunities found on the Thanksgiving Cricut Seasonal Cartridge.  (BTW, this cartridge review can also be seen at the Wildly Whimsical & Creative Crafting Newsletter ... be sure to stop by there to see the wonderful creations posted there monthly.)

(Please click on images to view full size)

This cartridge is part of Provo Crafts limited edition Cricut Cartridge collection for the winter of 2010 and it is filled with 31 Thanksgiving/Fall sentiments and images. In addition, there are also some layering pieces that I’ve found work well even on there own (such as the leaves, acorns, pumpkins, etc.). Since this cart is a Seasonal Mini cartridge, it comes with the cartridge, keypad overlay and a small card that depicts the available images/sentiments … and does NOT come with a handbook.


Let’s take a closer look at some of the images available …


Now that we know what is on this special limited edition cartridge … what can you do with it? There are so many wonderfully creative opportunities? How about invitations for your Thanksgiving dinner or party? Maybe decorate the meals menu … or adding special extras to your Thanksgiving table, like decorating the napkin rings or candles, cutting appliqués out of fabric to make your own place mats, napkins and coasters for your glass ware, or how about adding personalized place cards for each dinner guest? Perhaps you’d like to make a wreath from cut leaves to hang on your door to welcome visitors, or a banner to dress up your home for the holiday? What a great idea to decorate a candy jar or personalize a bottle of wine, or even a gift bag with a small token inside for the hostess if you are visiting others on this special day … and of course, this is a fabulous cartridge for making Thank You notes when the day is over and making beautiful scrapbook pages from all the pictures of this fun occasion. Whatever your choice, you’ll be delighted with the adorable designs available on this cartridge.

Here is a Thanksgiving floral arrangement I made using cuts from this cart, and this was super easy to make (especially since I already had the candle and candle holder). I took a small sheet of gold metallic tissue and covered a 4”x1” Styrofoam circle, and wrapped an orange satin ribbon around the edge … placed the covered Styrofoam on the candle holder with the candle on top, then added some sprigs of autumn leaves. This gave it a nice autumn look … but to make it something special for Thanksgiving I added the Pilgrim silhouette to the face of the candle and an ornate leaf to the base to help balance the colors. Now that it’s done, I can’t help but wonder how it might look if I had used the turkey as the focal image on the candle, or maybe the cornucopia with a picture of our family in the center, or maybe adding the phrase “harvest blessings” around the base.


I will say this, it’s amazing how adding a simple Cricut cut to a floral arrangement can really dress it up and change the whole look … and with this cartridge there are some wonderful options to choose from!

As always ... thank you so much for stopping by for a visit at my Little Creation Corner.  If you have an extra moment, please leave a comment ... I love reading what you have to say.  Your opinions really make a difference and inspire me to keep creating.

Wishing you and yours a ...

Delightful and Happy THANKSGIVING!!!


Happy Crafting Everyone!
Hugz,
♥Carol♥
Little Creation Corner

5 comments:

Dennis said...

Carol, I cannot begin to tell you thankful I am for all the time and effort you put into the news letter, from editing to posting your wounderful projects, to reviews on carts and crafting news.. Carol I love your project this month that vase and candle is so pretty and full of whimsy, love every bit of it. What a taltent you are and a blessing.. Hugs debbie

Audrey Frelx said...

What a beautiful candle!

Carolyn/MamaC said...

You have been given an award! To accept the award, please go to my blog at http://cccscraproom.blogspot.com
Have a wonderful Tuesday!
Carolyn

GabyCreates.com said...

I am so glad that you stopped by my blog and followed me... so I can follow you and be able to look at this beautiful creation!
I will be visiting you!
Gaby
gabycreates.com
now I have to go take a look at a newsletter?

Anonymous said...

This is a very pretty arrangement. So glad I got to visit your blog.